SUMMER CONDITIONING/WEIGHT ROOM PLAN
Posted by Larry Roth on 5/28/2020
SEDGWICK JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER CONDITIONING/WEIGHT ROOM PLAN
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we will implement this plan to make every effort possible in protecting our students and staff during summer programs.
- A waiver will be required of all students, adults, and attendees who are minors. COVID-19 Parental Consent form: ASSUMPTION OF RISK / WAIVER OF LIABILITY / INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
- All students will receive instruction regarding the prevention of the spread of COVID-19, the importance of hand washing/sanitizing, social distancing, and personal protective equipment training on sanitizing equipment. In addition, all participants will be trained in sanitizing equipment after personal use.
- Each participant will be asked:
- Are you feeling well today?
- Have you had a fever in the last week?
- Have you been exposed to COVID-19 over the past two weeks?
- All coaches, trainers, participants, etc. are encouraged by the Harvey County Health Department to wear face masks, at all times.
- Masks will not be provided for students. Students will supply their own mask before participation and are highly encouraged to wear a mask.
- All doors for access to the areas to be used will be propped open at this time. (Coaches, trainers, etc. are responsible for monitoring individuals entering entrances). The exterior door #5 (Coach Werner’s office) will be propped open from before the session begins to the end of session.
- Signs will be posted in hallways and the entrance area reminding students to wash their hands before entering the room and posted throughout facilities reminding students to use hand sanitizer.
- Participants are to bring their own water bottles and will not use drinking fountains.
- Social distancing will be enforced (15 people, 6 ft. apart per adequate area) until June 8th unless more restrictive guidelines are enacted. Groups will conform with Harvey County mandates from June 8th forward. It is the responsibility of coaches, trainers, etc. to monitor this. This will be modified according to the agency with the current legal responsibility to establish the Re-Opening Plan.
- Participants will use one of two locker rooms to wash hands with soap and water. These will be the only locker rooms in use.
- We will split into groups and keep groups in the gym area with adequate spacing and one group will be in the weight room. Floor activities will include plyometrics and running. Plyometric boxes will be wiped down between groups. While running, students will be separated by 6 feet. Groups will remain the same each day.
- Entering weight room: EVERYONE will enter from Coach Werner’s side, and exit using the east door #7. Each participant will use hand sanitizer, upon entering & exiting weight deck. We would need to purchase a dispenser and mount at top of first flight of stairs leading to weight room. (ordered) Sanitizing stations will be at each doorway.
- Fans will be placed to circulate air from the weigh deck. Existing, over-head fans will be on.
- Disinfecting wipes will be located in multiple locations. Each lifter will wipe bar and bench before starting exercise at that station and also when they leave the station.
- Weight balls, kettle balls, etc. (things that are usually left out) should not be available. Items that are not easily sanitized will be removed from the area and will not be available for use.
- All weight equipment left on the floor, means it has not been cleaned – such as bars. Students should get equipment from racks, but should not put it back until it is disinfected.
- Use safety bars instead of spotters potentially leaning over the lifter.
- For Cardio equipment, make sanitized wipes available and close to the equipment. Post signage that student is to wipe down this equipment before and after usage.
- After workouts: Coaches will disinfect all surfaces before leaving.
**** If we have anyone involved or a member of their household tests positive, Sedgwick has multiple cases, etc. activities will be postponed for at least 14 days. Further guidance will be requested from the Harvey County Health Department before resuming activities. ****