Message to Parents
Posted by Larry Roth on 3/17/2020
MESSAGE TO FAMILIES
Today, March 17, 2020 Governor Laura Kelly announced all school facilities will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. This will place tremendous hardship on our families and staff, and impact the social and emotional well-being of our students.
We have been working on contingency plans since mid-March, including how we can meet the ongoing learning needs of our students and provide breakfast and lunch for our students. Our staff and board of education are also working on other critical issues, such as what this means for our seniors, how this will affect next school year and what impact this will have on our employees.
We will provide updates on these issues as soon as the information is available. We are committed to working together as a community to support one another throughout these unprecedented times, and communication will remain a top priority. USD 439 Administration will continue to use Facebook, Twitter, and our web page www.usd439.com to keep everyone as informed as we possibly can.
As a reminder, this school closure is in response to the current public health crisis. The focus should remain on preventing the spread the coronavirus, or COVID-19 as it is also referred to. Please be mindful of the following:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing (cough/sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue).
• Please keep sick children at home.
• Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
Follow additional guidance from these sources:
• National Center for Disease Control (CDC)
• Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE)
Steve Kingsley, Board President
Larry Roth, Superintendent