Posted by Larry Roth on 1/2/2018
Nominate Teacher/Staff of the Month
The Sedgwick Staff Member of the Month Awards has been established to recognize outstanding people for their dedication, professionalism and work. Those receiving these awards will be nominated by the students, parents, administrators, and colleagues for excellence in their classroom or the school.
Nomination forms are available in the front office and on the school’s website. The Teacher and Staff of the Month will be awarded with a certificate, recognition at the school, on the website, and a gift chosen by administration.
Selection Criteria –
Each month, we will recognize a different staff member based on her/his contributions to the school, excellence in the classroom, leadership abilities, citizenship, community involvement and a variety of other criteria. Staff will be nominated and selected based on the following criteria:
- Excellence in the Classroom or in her/his job – consistently advancing students to higher levels of academic achievement.
- Motivation – having the ability to motivate and encourage students to advance past their expectations both academically and socially.
- Leadership – serving as a leader not only in the classroom, but also throughout the school.
- Community Service – demonstrating the importance of civic responsibility by being active in community or other service organizations.
- Creativity and Imagination – demonstrating creativity and imagination in their lesson plans and teaching methods that inspire students to learn. For staff, this means demonstrating creativity and imagination in carrying out their job duties in such a way that they motivate and inspire others in the school community to learn.
- Dedication – showing excellent attendance, punctuality and a desire to see their students advance, in addition, participating in programs and activities outside the school day.
- Communication – communicating articulately to their classrooms, colleagues and beyond. How to Submit
You may submit your nomination by the 20th of each month by 3:30 pm in the following ways: