Scheduling A Visit
It is important to visit any post-secondary learning institution that you are considering attending after high school graduation. You will gain more knowledge about the institution from a visit, rather than just looking on their website or listening to a representative talk. Different institutions have different processes to schedule visits. The easiest way to find out what you need to do is by going to the institution's website and searching "visit". Some places may want you to call, some places may have online visit registration, and some places may have preselected dates that you can register to attend.
As always, I am happy to help you find out what you need to do to schedule a visit.
Sedgwick High School's Senior Visit Process:
1. Select a date and register or schedule with the institution, you would like to visit.
2. Print the PDF file below (Senior Visit Permission Form PDF).
3. Provide the information requested on the printed form and obtain signatures from your teachers and parents.
4. Turn the 1st page into the high school office prior to the day you will be absent.
5. Take the second sheet with you to your visit to obtain the signature of your guide during your visit.
6. Return the completed second sheet to the high school office upon your return to school.
When You Visit:
Think about your visit before you go. Make sure you are setting up a time to talk to anyone you may need to ask questions of. This might include the financial aid department, a department advisor for a particular major, a sports coach, or an RA in a dorm. This article from the Princeton Review might be a helpful tool to help you outline the questions you may want to ask: https://www.princetonreview.com/college-advice/questions-to-ask-on-a-college-tour