September 18, 2018
Dear Elementary Parents,
Sedgwick High School athletes enjoy positive support from their fellow students, parents and the community. We continue to welcome elementary and middle school students to the high school games and we want to create the best possible circumstances for their safety.
In order to maintain a safe environment at our football games, parents are asked to adhere these following expectations:
- Elementary students should be accompanied by an adult in order to gain entrance into the stadium and the adult must supervise the students who they bring to the game. It is important that school personnel managing the event have the ability to contact an adult on site if there is a concern.
- For safety reasons, students should not bring footballs, soccer balls, kick balls, etc. when attending football games. (They may be confiscated by game supervisors.)
- Ball playing, tag games, throwing objects etc. will not be allowed at football games. Students should be in the stands watching the football game.
- Middle school students may set in the student section or with their parents.
- All students are expected to be in the stadium seats cheering for the Cardinals.
- All students are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship while at Sedgwick activities.
We appreciate your help with the implementation of these expectations to ensure student safety while giving our fans the opportunity to completely enjoy the game. Thank you for supporting the Sedgwick football team as they take the field against their opponents.
Julie Scott Mike Hilliard
R.L. Wright Principal Sedgwick JH/HS Principal
Larry Roth Diane Davison
Superintendent Activities Director
Emergency Preparedness Drills
Sedgwick Public Schools will be practicing new safety drills during the 2018-2019 school year. In addition to Tornado and Fire Drills, we will also be practicing Crisis Drills. This change comes from a State Fire Marshall’s directive to all school superintendents. Sedgwick Public Schools will be conducting nine crisis drills in addition to three tornado drills and four fire drills during the school year.
Crisis drills will include “lock-down” drills and “intruder responses” but may encompass other emergency situations. Each drill will be developed to function as a learning opportunity for students to be able to react to different situations. Drills will be age appropriate and will be designed to enhance each student’s ability to respond to different situations be it here on campus or somewhere else in their world.
Parents and First Responders in the community will be notified of crisis drills beforehand. District administration will use the district’s SwiftReach alert system to notify parents.
WELCOME BACK CARDINALS!!!
Back to School Picnic
A BIG THANK YOU
to all that attended and those
who helped make the evening a success!!
What a great way to kick off the year!!!
It's a GREAT DAY to be a CARDINAL!!!
Not all superheroes have capes, some have teaching degrees (author unknown)
Letter from the Superintendent (Bus Expectations): Student behavior while being transported on the bus is an important part of bus safety. Here is a link to the letter sent to parents regarding behavior expectations while riding a Sedgwick School District bus.
Bus Behavior Link
Nation Wide Hoax - There has been a threat circulating across the nation regarding an unidentified "SHS". A quick google search will find many "SHS" schools dealing with this situation. USD 439 administrators have been in contact with our local law enforcement. Although the hoax originated in a different state and there has been no threat to our district, security will be increased.
TEACHER/STAFF OF THE MONTH
The Student Superintendent's Advisory Board is pleased to announce a program to recognize the hard work and efforts of USD 439 teachers and staff. More information about the Nomination Process can be found Here. A nomination form can be found at this Link.
Parent, Teachers, AND Student Conferences
Cardinal Pride and Sportsmanship